Friday, September 5, 2008

Be still, deer.




Yesterday a friend and I took a trip to the Deer Park here in KL. It's in the same area as the Butterfly Park Thistler and I visited some time ago. It was my friend's birthday, and we had already had nice lunch together with our husbands (!) in Mid Valley (Oh mega mall, where would we be without you?). We bought drawing supplies along to the deer park and settled down to an afternoon of sketching. The rain settled in also, and you can see how the deer (and two stags) congregated under the shelter. Oh, they really were so sweet! Standing there, staring back at us. Very very still most of the time then of course, at the inopportune moment, a little shuffling and the drawing is ruined. Never mind, it was so lovely to sit there and watch them as it rained, thundered and lightninged around us and I slowly re-acquainted myself with drawing.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello dingdong

nice drawings and things! How is ya? You were in my dream the other night ohoh a bit angry for not email you...so I am sorry, but its quite hard to find internets....we're in Romania for fucks sake and last night i had a crack at some liver. It is hott and we are 2kms from the Bulgarian border. We will visit there tmrw then head to Turkey....miss you and I hope you and the thistle in ur side are still in love. PS did jaaneo haver bebe?????????????xxxxxx

made by maude said...

oh well, funnily enough YOU were in my dream last night, acting all coy and whatnot, and umm, in my dream I also was angry!! Whoa, coincidence city... Thinking of you lots and you are forgiven for no emails - totally understandable. Jane had Charlie Winter on the 19th July - he's almost two months old and I'm so sad I haven't seen him yet. Kate is due at ANY moment!!!! Ok, Romania, then Turkey?! Lucky lady, liver and all. Cannot cannot wait to see and hear all about it! Novemeber, I think we will meet in OZ. Thistler is good, working away. Is this getting a bit personal for the comments section? Love to you and your boy, xxoo sissi

Bluey-X said...

WE ARE SITING AND EATING YOUR LIPS CANDY!!!! IT IS VERY YUMMY!!!!!!! PLUS ERR THE CHOCOLATE LOGS WERE YUMMY TOO HAHA LOVE FROM BLUEY-X XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX! MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made by maude said...

Hi BlueyX, glad you like them! Thistler and I eat far too many of those chocolate logs! Miss you too xxooK