Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rainy Days



It's been raining all morning. Really raining. Tropical rain. I wonder how long it will last and how many parts of the city have flooded already. No matter, I'm enjoying it. It's a complete distraction.



I wish I smoked so I could stand in the open doorway, arms folded, sucking that cigarette and looking sardonically to the sky. Or reflective, like I was contemplating something REALLY big. "Yeah," I'd think, "it sure is raining."



These pictures go no way to showing you how much water is falling from the sky. But you get an idea of the colour scheme.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's what I'd be thinking too. :) lj

made by maude said...

Yeah, rain sure does bring out the philosopher in me. ;)

LilliEve said...

It's been raining here too, but cold rain, of course. This morning a burst of hail came outta nowhere, just to break things up a little. Squeals and scurrying everywhere!