Monday, May 26, 2008

Our Weekend Looked Something Like This

Fresh and dry produce at the Bangsar Sunday Market, coffee and cupcake from guess where?

The past week or so I've been nutting out some ideas for my new art project. I have a concept I'm working on based around the idea of home. Here's a sneak peak at three images I've made so far.


The images are watercolour and thread. I can't remember having ever used watercolour before. It was all we had around the house so I cracked it open. I don't use it with any sort of finesse, but I am absolutely loving it. I've also created my own surface patterns, which is another new step for me! Previously I had used existing objects as stencils to create surface pattern. These images are called, for now, "Table", "Light Fitting" and "Bed".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, gorgeous!

I particularly like the light fitting one and the bed one - the lines are so simple and beautiful, and the overlay of them on the pattern looks great.

Did you draw the lines on then stitch over them? I can't quite see...

x kate

made by maude said...

hello kate,
i'm pretty fond of the light fitting one also. yep, i drew the lines on then stitched over the top. glad you like 'em!
xx maudie