Tuesday, June 24, 2008

delicious escape



I have spent the last half hour or so in wonderland. 'But Maude, you are an arty type', you say 'you are always in wonderland.' That may be so, but this time I was in a wonderland not of my making. I was in the wonderland that is delicious. magazine. I used to buy this mag as often as I could back in Oz, and salivate over the recipes. Often I'd be so inspired I would make something other than toast for tea. I haven't looked at a copy since before Christmas, so I was a bit excited when I spied the latest edition at the newsagents this afternoon. It has a picture of dripping, dreamy fondue on the cover and the insides are full of winter fare like roasted chestnuts, baked treats and slow cooked wonders. Considering I'm ovenless in KL most of the recipes are impractical, but a girl can dream can't she? Maybe I'll make some art about food...

Now this is a sneak peek at something I'm making for a little friend who is waiting to be born. In fact, there are two of these friends on the way (not twins but two friends having babies) so fear not little friend #2, I'll be making something for you too!



Back on the food theme, you know what else I really miss? Ready Steady Cook. Nothing like a bit of stitching while watching smart arse chefs on daytime telly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your experience in Maylasia. Lucky you have crafting to get you through not having Ready Steady Cook. Your work is great so keep it up.

made by maude said...

Thanks for your kindly words Sherilyn :)

Ian said...

Think I'll have to look that mag up, the family are really getting sick of me cooking eggs on toast for tea. Great to see all your imagination and creative energy Maude. Please keep your fingers (and Thistler's) crossed for me if you can as I'm submitting my PhD application tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous little blue bird - and a very lucky friend you have!! x x kate

made by maude said...

ian - fingers crossed. can you tell me in two words or less what your proposed thesis is? second life? ;)
kate - hola! thanks for the comment. If only I could be there to give the bird in person :(
xox maude

janet said...

o boy- exciting!! April received your letter- we are writing back now- she was thrilled!!! 2 official weeks to go- come on Charlie Winter,we're ready and waiting. (or shall I try and hold on til xmas?!)

made by maude said...

Hello Janet,
Oh yes, you SHOULD try and hold little Charlie in till I can get there! That goes for you too Kate, hold yer baby in will ya!
Aww, Charlie Winter! Is that official or just a nickname? xx maude