Thursday, June 19, 2008

This is a post about art and craft.

Today was spent mostly being a consumer. Don't worry, it wasn't a worthless pursuit. I'll be starting a new art project about it soon. I'm thinking of calling it 'my life as a consumer'. It will be the companion piece to this body of work:



These are two more pieces from this series here. This project is a slowly developing thing, and is experimental at this stage. The two images here are called 'chair' and 'sofa'. Catchy titles huh? I never ever used the word 'sofa' until I worked at a sofa store a few years ago. I thought it was a terrible Americanism. Now I can't bring myself to say 'couch'...



Run misty, run! Guess I couldn't leave the horses to the blog banner. Here are the first in a new line of brooches. 'Horse Brooches'. Do you think I'm to literal with my titles? I haven't made any bird brooches for a while. Do you think the bird motif in craft has had it's day? I've heard cries of 'Enough with the birds designs!' around the traps, but ya gotta go with your instinct when you make stuff. If your crafty insides say 'bird', then make birds! My crafty insides say 'horse' right now, but I have been making a few of those bird softies lately.

No comments: