Thursday, June 5, 2008

Colour Me Striped

There's nothing like a new outfit to make a lady feel nice. Yesterday was a Mega-Mall day, but it was ok, 'cause I came home with the booty. And it's been a while coming, because the pants situation in my wardrobe was getting dire. I finally found a pair of jeans that didn't have super pre-faded thighs, weird ruching at the knees or a skinny leg fit. That sort just don't work for me. I also purchased stripy tee with a bit of puffy sleeve action (my favourite sort of sleeve!). That brings my grand total of striped tops to eight, plus one pair of striped shoes. It's not intentional, I just gravitate toward the stripe. I don't have a pair of striped pants though...


New striped tee and newish striped shoes. The light stripe in the shoe is actually SILVER GLITTER. Yeah, they are special.

A while ago I let a shop lady dress me. Oh boy, what an experience. I was in the sort of shop you know you're not going to find anything in but you look anyway, with the vague hope of finding a 'fun' little t-shirt at a bargain price. Well, the shop assistant plied all kinds of long bat-winged, spangled and screen printed tops on me, paired them with a pair of aforementioned jeans and then, after assessing the assemblage, topped it off by removing her own belt and putting it around my hips. Mmm, white vinyl belt wrapped around a pair of generous hips. Nothing says STYLE more. I don't know why, but I let this charade carry on for 15 minutes. I wanted to see how I'd look if I dressed like someone completely different. So for a short while that afternoon I was a nasty, cigarette smoke smelling teenager. I wish I'd worn lots of eyeliner. I kept saying that I didn't like the bat wing experience, that I was really to short to get away with it. At these protests she would purse her lips a little and say 'But it's the style!". Oh right. How can you argue with that?
Just quickly, I am getting to grips with my new sewing machine. It's noisy, it sort of growls where others whir and the reverse action is a little clunky. I've made a couple of bird softies though, and think I'll be attempting some new purses today. And when I find the fabric, maybe another striped t-shirt...

1 comment:

LilliEve said...

You can never have too many stripy items in your wardrobe. Glad you finally got a showing machine! And it sounds like it has personality, too.