Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Right. I'm doing this for the first time. Participating in a 'meme'. Lauren from lauren williams handmade has tagged me. It goes like this...

The rules are:

1. Link to the person who “tagged” you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

Here are six random things about me.

1. Yesterday evening as I walked to the supermarket to gather food for dinner a man on a motorbike yelled out to me, "Hello, nice dress!" I was too bemused to yell anything back. I wasn't wearing a dress.

2. I am going to commit the Malaysian word bodoh to memory. It means idiot.

3. In the town where I grew up there was a shop called 'Bali Bagus'. I used to spend a bit of time there, looking at the exotic housewares and batiked clothes. They had a novelty section. You know, rude novelty. There were also lots of framed prints of Bob Marley and traditional American Indians. It was the only place in town that sold incense. Malay (with dialect variations) is spoken throughout Indonesia. In Malay bagus means brilliant, cool, fantastic. Fantastic Bali! Naff shop!

4. I am home sick.

5. I am working on a series of paintings called 'I Dream of a Beautiful Home'.

6. I have an etsy shop. I set it up a little while ago. I should have told you I know, but I was waiting until I got more products on there. You can have a look, just don't laugh at the lack of variety, ok?

Hey Lauren, I know it's illegal, but I'm not gonna tag anyone. I uh, don't know enough bloggers...Is that sad? Maybe if your a blogger and wanna be tagged let me know, I'll tag you.


I can, however, introduce you to Frank and Iris. They're finger puppets, although here they're featured as pencil warmers. They're pretty versatile. You'll find them at my etsy shop soon.



edit: LilliEve has been tagged. I'm gonna tag you too Thistler.

6 comments:

LilliEve said...

I like Frank, but Iris is super-cool. I hope they keep you company. At least there's no complaining :)
Maybe you could just tag random bloggers?

made by maude said...

Oh, is it school holidays?! Is someone complaining? Tell him to make some finger puppets...

This tagging thing is hard, I don't feel I've commented on six blogs frequently enough to warrant a tag. But guess what, you're TAGGED! Yeah.
xxo k
p.s. You can write about Bali Bagus too. It sure was a rockin' place.

Lauren said...

No worries about the tagging - Yay for your Etsy Shop.....I really love the brooches :-)

thistler said...

Oh, I filled out the meme. I didn't send it on to anyone because I only know a couple of people who might want to do it and I think you've already asked them. Check out my blog to see the picture or Mustapha the Bazaar shopkeeper (or Bazaar-keeper, I don't know). I think he used to sit outside a shop on Sydney Rd.

LilliEve said...

I have also filled out the meme. It's not school holidays, but there is always lots of complaining.
Actually, X has the day off today 'cos he's got a cold, and he wants to start his own blog... stay tuned!

Ian said...

I just tagged myself,what more could I do, everyone was done already - tag you, tag you all! Hmmph.

Really loving your blog Maude, have started to catch the creative vibes, blown all the way from KL, well it's always windy here in da bool, you're bound to catch anything.

Also, in local news, beware Dennis Naptholene is due to visit KL this month. Only the sub standard could bring such joyous news to the relieved lappers on liebig. I'm sure there must be some crappy local press like the SS over there?

Oh, and yeah, you said BOG!