Tuesday, March 11, 2008

salty tangy tart

I'm talking about my dinner, right. It was Halloumi and Zucchini Salad. Boy oh boy, it was everything I could ask for. Salty pan-fried halloumi and oily pan-fried zucchini cut through with lemon zest and juice on a crispy crispy cos lettuce bed. A bit of red onion for bite ('wafer fin, right?' as Jamie Oliver is fond of repeating). I dressed it with a bit more olive oil, white wine vinegar, pepper and fresh oregano. It didn't really need the dressing as the zucchini was pretty oily and I served lemon wedges with it. But still, it was a delight!

Before I made din dins I was busy finishing these off. Hair clips. To match the brooches. What is it about making these? They seem to take me FOR-EVAH. I love them because I get excited about fabrics I can use for them, then I hate them because somewhere in the making I become bogged down with them. They become tedious. Then they're finished and they are my little darlings again.

There they are, a tangy dressing for your hair!

No comments: