Friday, March 14, 2008

Today I Have Been Making...

This!


I made this purse to take with me when I go to Malaysia.The lining is one of my most favourite fabrics. My younger sister bought it back with her from a trip to Tasmania, and I've loved it ever since. I've dubbed the purse "Garden Delight". It's lush and tropical, like Malaysia! Well, parts of Malaysia. I imagine.

I also finished off this top...




















I traced it from another hand made tee by Brunswick designer BG (yes, pilfering I know). It's a basic T shape - no need to sew on sleeves. It gives the shoulders a nice soft look. You can't see it too clearly but I rouched the back a little, to bring it in and give it some detail. It's been so long since I've successfully made a piece of clothing, so I'm pretty stoked with the end result!!
p.s. thanks to X for helping me with this post.

4 comments:

aprilmay said...

Malaysia?? thats fantastic!

made by maude said...

hiya aprilmay! Josh is over there now (Kuala Lumpar)making computer games and I'm set to join him very very very shortly. Very exciting! Glad you found me, your website is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is Rabbit's gal speaking...I can't believe you put 'ol cocaine nose on international Woes' day post!! Are you sick?
OH yEaH...please can you make me a carbon copy of that tassie special poise for my boithday? I'll give you some jalepenos in return xxx

made by maude said...

well, what can i say? runaway horses get me every time. cough.
anyway, i shall make u a purse with the last little bit o that fabric. i made one before this and always regretted selling it! xox
international Woes' day. oh woe, oh woe oh u make me laugh so.