Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Was That a Bunny?

We just had Easter, right? It pretty much flew by me without so much as a chocolate egg. Well, I got two little eggs and had a hot cross bun or three, but essentially it was a non-event for me. I'm feeling a little empty about it all. Maybe it's my Catholic upbringing back to haunt me? How do you celebrate something that has fundamentally changed in meaning for you? Find another meaning for it? Perhaps I should take those ideas of change and new life and focus on them this time of year, instead of grappling with ideas of resurrection and the whole Christian version of Easter. You know, plant a tree. Bake something. Pay homage to the change of season. That's a way I could celebrate happily, acknowledging change, regrowth and new life. Yeah!


candlestick banksia seedling and rabbit


Anyway, on a less naval gazing note, here's what I made today.


More purses! I only spent half a day on these, so I'll be making more this week. They're also for
aprilmay's All in a Months Work open studio event the 4th, 5th & 6th of April. Unfortunately I won't get to see it, but I bet it's going to be grand! The image above is the inside of 'Sunny Day'. Can you believe I've mysteriously deleted the picture I took of the outside of this one? You'll have to wait til tomorrow to see it now.



This one is called 'Soft Forest'. I adore this fabric. Again it's something my younger sisters keen eye picked out. She bought it years ago and passed it onto me when the sewing project she purchased it for went awry. Lucky me! Look at that dappled light seeping in through those autumnal trees. Seasonal, hmm? Guess I have unwittingly paid homage to those ideas I mentioned before...


No comments: