Friday, April 18, 2008

I Walked Into a Door


Really, I did. There's a sliding glass door that leads onto our balcony, where we had dinner last night. As I picked up our plates and turned to take them inside 'SMACK, YELP, CRASH'. Yeah. I walked right into the freaking door, recoiled, fell to my bottom dropping bowls and cutlery in the process. I let out a yelp/grunt (this seems to be my primeval response to a sudden shock) as there was the almighty sound of crockery smashing.

It seemed really really loud. Oops. Sorry neighbours! Of course the security guards came wandering by (we live in an apartment complex with grounds, we face the front entrance) to investigate this domestic dilemma. By this time I was back inside, stunned and nursing a little bump on my head and swollen top lip. Thistler went down to explain. I was so embarrassed and a bit annoyed - it was quite a nice meal! I'd made beetroot salad, so there' s a suss reddish smear on the floor now.



my fall was not nearly so perky, sassy or well executed...



p.s. This incident occurs after the waiter at our local resturant sent Thistler's glass stein of beer (it's a German themed resturant, ok?) flying, smashing on the ground and giving Thistler a good dousing in the process. That was Wednesday night. We're going out for dinner tonight. I hope there's no broken glass...

No comments: