Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Never Leave Home Without Your Sewing Machine

It's been a while. What have I been doing? Well, making some things, going some places, getting a bit bored and wondering what I'm doing living in a foreign country without my sewing machine. Yes, I had a few bad days last week. We were short of money (oh boy, there's a new experience...), I had very limited supplies and it was (it's always) too hot to take a pleasant walk outside. So I hung around the apartment and got rather grumpy and lonely. Oh well. I'm almost over it. I even took some photos of housewares and brooches I've made recently to show you but I can't get my mobile to talk to the computer so I'll show you this instead...




This is 'warm poppies set' by foundling. They come as brooches or attached to hairpins and I think they're lovely. They're made from found silk(ish) blouses and beads. Foundling has a website, a blog and an etsy shop. That's dedication to your craft!

I've also been thinking about my younger sister and her beau who leave very very early tomorrow morning for their very exciting EuroTrip. Hurrah! They've worked so hard for this trip which surely makes it all the sweeter. Don't you wish you were going with them?

1 comment:

LilliEve said...

What, too hot even to hang by the pool and sip margaritas? Maybe you need a nice banana lounge and a stripy parasol.

Well anyway, hope you are feeling a little better. Surely there must be some other ex-pat hausfraus wondering aimlessly down the lobby...

I've been thinking about those other two travelers, they must be at their first destination by now, totally exhausted!

Oh, and we have your tv cash, so you should email me!

xXx ^_^ xXx