Saturday, April 19, 2008

We Have the Technology

We have, or rather Thistler has worked out how we can send images from my new phone to the laptop. Goodie! First up the salads I made the other night before unceremoniously smashing my face against a glass door. On the left beetroot, feta, mint and lemon. On the right zucchini, garlic and mint. I bought a big bunch of mint that day. That's not canned beetroot, by the way.



This is where we live. I'm at the pool nearly every day with my trusty towel and well equipped bag (You know, equipped with phone, book, lip balm, pen and paper. Poolside fare.) Our apartment is on level 3, and that's it there, the one with the blinds closed on the balcony.



A selection of goods bought from our local supermarket 'Cold Storage'. Their motto is 'The Fresh Food People'. I wonder if they're another Safeway/Woolworths brand?
You can tell I pretty much bought these for their packaging. The little boxes are soy milk ('miko' brand) - which was thinner and sweeter than my usual brand in Oz. The shiny packet is 'caramel corn' - chocolate covered corny sweet treats. They had the same texture as twisties. Not very nice, really. But the packaging was irresistible. The other packet is a rice/corn cracker snacky thing that has overtones of carrot. It did, really. I'm hoarding this packaging. I expect it will re-appear in a new form sometime in the future.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Hope your pride nor lip, crockery and forehead are too worse for wear. Good to see what living in KL is like and totally envious. Lucky there's security around for those with sore heads and fat lips, someone may have thought that Wayne Carey was visiting! I'm also envious of the lifestyle because it seems far more boring here and so much more effort for the kind of enjoyment you're talking about, maybe we just need a glass door or two to run into (sorry I've milked that incident too many times now). Sending healing vibes and looking forward to reading about more Maude and Thistler exploits. Oh Yeah, and Jaspers says to say 'Oh Yeh1'.

made by maude said...

Well, unfortunately the crockery is kaput. I smashed it up real good. We're using a minimal supply at the moment - three bowls, one chopping board. Plenty of cutlery though!! *oh yah* to you Jasper!