Tuesday, April 22, 2008

You know when you make something and you think 'Oh boy, this is good!', then you take another peek a little while later and you think 'Oh for goodness sake, why did I make that?', so you spend half a day trying to improve it but you're watching Arrested Development (one of my favourite TV series) while you do and don't really make any progress brooch-wise because your too busy laughing at Buster cut sick about his mum? Well, this is one of those times. I made these brooches yesterday. Looking at them now I think they're OK, but I know that by tonight I'll be in a quandary over them again.




I think if I just keep working at them they'll begin to resolve. It's difficult, not having access to all my usual materials. But then, that's a poor excuse, isn't it? I went for a walk down our street just before the afternoon thunderstorm set in and took a few photos. Hopefully they'll be the source of inspiration!

3 comments:

LilliEve said...

Have to say, I like the bottom one better. The little holes in the centre are really interesting.

Do you get thunderstorms every afternoon there? It must be nice to be able to predict the weather with some form of certainty, speshily compared to Wobble.

made by maude said...

thanx fer yer feedback. i think these littlies are going in the too hard basket for now, but I've been working on some newbies since!
Yep, it has thunder stormed every afternoon since i got here. Every local I've met tells me it's unusual for this time of year, that the wet season should be over and it should be hot and dry, not hot and wet...Global warming, they all tell me.

LilliEve said...

Good old global warming, that all-purpose scapegoat! Never lets you down!